Friday, April 15, 2005

You say it best when you say nothing at all.

15th April 2005

You say it best when you say nothing at all. I love this Boy Zone lyrics. This is more in tune with Indian culture. In the west, people express themselves so explicitly. One hardly finds an Indian husband saying “I love you” to his wife. But he does say it non- verbally in so many ways. I never heard my father saying that to my mother. I remember an Indian woman who served her husband considering him her lord. In the final few moments of her life she asked her husband to let her sleep on his lap and breathe her last. What great culture is this. I feel words tend to grossify feelings. Feelings are best expressed through non- verbal expressions, through eyes, smiles and tears.

I gave my car for fitting a CD stereo . My long standing dream will come true today evening. I am also happy that I woke up early as I had decided earlier and meditated for about 45 mins. Fulfilling one’s resolutions feels good.

Gitanjali time again

“I know not how thou singest, my master! I ever listen in silent amazement.

The light of thy music illumines the world. The life breath of thy music runs from sky to sky. The holy stream of thy music breaks through all stony obstacles and rushes on.

My heart longs to join in thy song, but vainly struggles for a voice. I would speak, but speech breaks not into song, and I cry out baffled. Ah, thou hast made my heart captive in the endless meshes of thy music, my master!”

All music comes from the Lord. This whole world is infact his manifestation. No doubt we struggle in vain for voice. But the voice has to be granted by him. Only then will it merge into his. Till then it’s just a baffled cry. Yet the charm of his music will ever pull us towards him.

No comments: