Sunday, April 17, 2005

Face to face with the Lord

Sunday the 17th April 2005

I got up at 7.30 today and some how got stuck to the computer after my breakfast. I spent hours learning the operation of digital camera and finally was able to use it with much proficiency. In the evening, I went with Baba and Aparna to Pedne. It was a visit to Nadkarni estate. I clicked a few good snaps. Today the camera was my sweetheart. I carried it all over. End of the day was sweet as I went with Shobha’s family for dinner in Green Park. Aparna got her A grade certificates in counselling and guidance. And a long struggle against injustice finally came to a sweet end.

Where is my Gitanjali? Ohhh here she is. She is my mother talking the poetical form.

“I ask for a moment's indulgence to sit by thy side. The works that I have in hand I will finish afterwards.

Away from the sight of thy face my heart knows no rest nor respite, and my work becomes an endless toil in a shoreless sea of toil.

Today the summer has come at my window with its sighs and murmurs; and the bees are plying their minstrelsy at the court of the flowering grove.

Now it is time to sit quite, face to face with thee, and to sing dedication of live in this silent and overflowing leisure.”

Life without love for the lord is useless .Lord’s love is the sweetest thing that can happen to a human being. It’s nectar whose thirst just goes on increasing as you drink it. I want more and more of it in my life.Tagorji you were a saint. I now feel like bringing your huge portrait and keeping it in my room so that I can sit at your feet and learn , How to live.

No comments: